Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Preteens

Oh my Gosh, or OMG as my son would text, Last week my son sent me a message on facebook, telling me how much he liked this girl at his school. He went on to tell me he wanted a girlfriend and felt like he should be able to have one. First of all, I couldn't believe he was telling me this on facebook (we do live in the same house) second of all, he posted it on my wall for ALL to read (he is new to facebook). I felt so embarrassed for him. I knew everyone he went to school with would see it. I was trying to figure out how to erase it so I could save him from humiliation (I too am fairly new to facebook). Well, I could not figure it out. Luckily, one of his closest friends, Alex, called to tell him that everyone could read his post. He told Landon how to erase it. What a good friend.
Now flash forward to today, Landon came home from school to tell me he broke up with this girl. Let's see this relationship lasted for a whole week. I ask him why, and he said simply, "I don't like her." To beat it all, he texted her to tell her. Will I survive this crazy age of his? I will definitely have some hilarious stories to tell him when he is all grown up, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment