Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Week of School

My family has almost made it through the first week of school. It has been rough!! During the summer, my boys were sleeping until noon. They have been really good about going to bed and getting up on time. Things have been running smooth. Also, I have prepared a meal for my family each night, and we have dined together at the table. This has become a wonderful time for us all to share about our day and spend quality time together. I feel it is very important for us to eat our meals together each night. My boys are growing up so fast. I really want to cherish the time I have with them. Landon (my oldest) came home yesterday and ask me if he could have a girlfriend. I told him he could, but he could not see her outside of school. He seemed fine with that. Inside I feel devastated each time he "likes" a girl. When I look at him, I still see his little baby face. He will always be my baby. Dylan (my youngest) got punched in the stomach today by a boy in his class. I was so mad when I found out. I wanted to find the little boy and scare the crap out of him. I took the high road and let his teacher handle it. Will I always be this protective? Well, I guess I will go for now. Stay tuned for more!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...good job on the post. The first week is over. Let's try not to count down the days until summer:)...let's make the best of each day!

    ReplyDelete